BSE Ltd. is the first stock exchange that came into existence in Asia. What is now popularly known as BSE Ltd. was established as
“The Native Stock Brokers’ Association” in 1875. BSE is the first to be granted permanent recognition under the Securities Contract
Regulation Act, 1956.
Over the past 140 years, BSE has facilitated growth of the Indian corporate sector by providing it with an efficient capital raising
platform. It boasts of the following:
- It is world’s biggest bourse, in terms of listed companies.
- It is India’s biggest stock exchange in terms of market capitalization.
- BSE has played a pioneering role in the development of the Indian securities market.
- It is BSE’s pride that almost every leading corporate in India has sourced its services in capital raising and is listed with BSE.
- It’s BSE Index, S&P BSE SENSEX, which is India’s first and most popular Stock Market benchmark index.
BSE, as a brand, has been and is synonymous with the capital market in India. It’s S&P BSE SENSEX reflects the health of the Indian economy.
For more information, visit : www.bseindia.com.